Single-Use System Design for Cryogenic and Cold Temperature Operations
This presentation addresses the new uncertainties and complexities encountered with expanded application of single-use technologies (SUT) in cryogenic bioprocesses
- Cold distribution networks as unforgiving environments and supply chain pinch points
- New SUT regulatory guidance for cell and gene therapy
- Choosing highly performant materials
- Working with suppliers to gain supply assurance
- Selecting suppliers who enable your implementation success as a partner in quality risk management and the successful qualification of SUT in complex workflows.
About the Presenter
Applications Director, Life Sciences
Mr. Acucena has 20 years of experience in pharma and biopharma working early in his career as a process engineer and manufacturing leader for pharma and biopharma operations. The last 14 years having been spent in the supplier space working in various capacities in technical marketing, regulatory consulting, product development, and business leadership at MilliporeSigma, GE Biopharma, and currently with Entegris. Ross’ technical work has focused primarily on filtration applications and the successful implementation of single-use technology across many bioprocess unit operations. He holds a B.S. degree in chemical engineering and MBA both from UMass Lowell.